Orlando is one of the hottest spots in the country for events. The Posh Able Events team has had the pleasure to work at the finest event venues and hotels in Central Florida. We use our knowledge of the marketplace to save our clients valuable time and money by steering them to the venues that best match their style and their budget. As your Event Planner, we fully manage the venue relationship including: contract negotiation, logistical design, permitting and insurance.
But if you are embarking on your event planning journey without a planner - enjoy the process- it's so much fun! Here are some tips on selecting the perfect Orlando area venue for your next corporate or social event.
Hotels are all-inclusive they charge a fee for room rental which includes use of their tables, chairs and linen. They make their money on food and beverage, so usually aren't keen on allowing outside food or beverage. Stand alone venues, on the other hand, come in all varieties, but many provide use of space for a flat rate. Then you bring in your own (rental items: chairs, tables, linen) and licensed caterer.
- Get an Estimate of TOTAL DUE Before You Sign - Venue and hotel contracts are notorious for not giving the actual amount due, this is partly because the largest driver of your bill is your pending headcount. For example your catering or venue contract might list: $65 per person++. A few calculations later you'll see that $65 is really $83 per person (once you ad service fee of 20% or so and tax).
- Plan for Parking - Is parking at your venue ample, convenient and free? If not, get a plan together and budget accordingly.
- Vendor Selection- Confirm if you can bring in your own vendors and what the insurance requirements are before you book a vendor or a venue. Some venues are stricter than others. Your vendors can also purchase an inexpensive one-day event policy.
- What Else is Going On? - Will the venue be hosting other events that evening that may impact your event run time, set up time or strike time? Check community event calendars and road closures.
- Set up and Strike Time - Best to have this inked before you sign. As a professional event planner, we typically plan 2-3 hours for set up and 1-2 hours for strike. But some vendors such as staging and AV may need longer. Know in advance what your vendor's access and exit times are. At Posh Able Events, we always have vendors (design, entertainment, catering) include exact arrival and departure times in their contracts.