Central Florida has been focused on expanding transit options across the region to ensure that Orlando is front and center when it comes to development and deployment of cutting-edge transit technology - according to Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer in his .
I love the Orlando International Airport! I think it’s the greatest airport on the planet. MCO has a lot of excitement in the works keeping up with the more than 46 million passengers each year. If you’ve been lately, you’ll see how Orlando International Airport delights travelers through an airport-wide design concept known as The Orlando Experience®.
MCO is the busiest airport in Florida and 11th busiest in the U.S. MCO has 21,000 employees and generates $31 billion in revenue for the regional economy. For the second year in a row, Orlando International Airport (MCO) ranks highest in its class in the Here is a cheat-sheet on the what’s new and coming soon at MCO:
- Opening Spring of 2021 - Site work is which will add 19 gates capable of accommodating at least 24 aircraft depending on the combination of narrow body, jumbo and super-jumbo aircraft. The three-floor facility will be adjacent to the South Airport APM Complex and Intermodal Terminal Facility. and
- The South Airport Automated People Mover (APM) complex, a 200,000 square feet facility, includes the station for the APM system which connects passengers to the Main Terminal.
- Parking Garage “C” is located on the South Entrance Road adjacent to the South APM Station and features 1,690 parking spaces and remote check-in facilities for Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest and United.
- The Intermodal Terminal Facility (ITF) consists of approximately 1.3 million square feet of terminal space and will be the link to three regional rail systems (SunRail, Brightline, and possibly a third system serving the International Drive/Convention Center area).
- As part of Orlando International Airport’s $3.5 billion Capital Improvement Program, the will revitalize the existing Main Terminal and consists of three components: ticket lobby modification, Airside 4 Improvements and improvements to the baggage handling system.